Following an internal restructure, a fantastic new role has become available for a candidate who enjoys working with all areas of the business and wants to look at a more strategic role going forward. You will be working closely with the Chief Operating Officer & the Operations team in Head Office based in London and help to build new initiatives and deliver on projects as we continue to onboard and integrate the recently acquired Freehand Hotels to the Generator platform. This role will see you personally manage these projects, you will link in with Procurement, Marketing, IT – look at systems and process, contribute to the property activation launches and drive the business as a Brand Ambassador. This is an all-encompassing role and demands a highly competent and organised person. We are looking for someone who has come from an Operations background and has previous experience in a similar capacity.
Who we are
Generator is on a journey. Appropriate, given that we’re a shared accommodation lifestyle brand. The journey began in London, swung through a heap of European capitals on its way to dominating the world. Generator burst onto the scene in the Americas with the launch of Generator Miami and Washington DC and most recently took aim at the country’s biggest markets (NYC, LA, Miami and Chicago) with the acquisition of Freehand Hotels. Created for a new generation of urban travelers, Freehand combines the social culture of a hostel with innovative design by Roman and Williams, comfort and quality food and beverage at an affordable price.
No biggie. Fast Company named us one of the top 50 most innovative global companies. We, of course, agree. And now this top 50 most innovative global company (did we mention that?) wants a pretty awesome VP of Operations.
Our spaces are safe and seriously social, in the proudest part of the beating heart of the cities we love. Cultural action, creative pulse and an outstanding way to waste some of the finite time the universe has given you – that’s what Generator offers. Holds true for staff and visitors equally, and while chic design is always the backdrop, every Generator in every destination reflects the unique beat of that city’s heart.
BEING YOURSELF is the key to bringing the Generator story and brand to life.
Nuts and bolts of the job
– Responsible for overseeing the performance of all properties in North America region
– Responsible for developing the budget & business plans of all properties in the region
– Ensure General Managers are developing, recommending, implementing and managing the properties annual and long-term operation, sales and marketing, capital, revenue, expense and profit goals to meet/exceed owner and corporate management expectations
– Work closely with the COO to manage and oversee the relationship with the owners
Naturally this is not intended as an exhaustive list of duties. Other duties as may be reasonably required will form part of this job description.
What’s in your DNA
– Commercial agility – adept at budgeting, forecasting and effective resource deployment, with an agile eye for trends and embracing change in a cost-effective way a email
– Multi-site experience with the ability to manage a portfolio of outlets
– Confidently able to appoint, develop and inspire large high performing teams of both fixed and variable staff
– Passionate about hospitality industry, with a natural flare for guest focus and quality of experience at all levels
– Demonstrates passion and hunger for ensuring an exceptional hospitality experience
– Passionate about people – a strong communicator with both customers and clients
Your rock star experience
– Highly experienced with proven track record of managing multi-property leadership teams
– Strong communicator with ability to communicate upwards to head office and owners
– Must be a proactive, independent, hands-on operations leader and possess strong organizational and project management skills
Travel required: Frequent travel is required for visiting properties and owners as needed
Our global benefits
– Birthday holiday in addition to your yearly holiday allocation
– Company contribution towards gym membership fees for all eligible employees
– 2 free nights’ accommodation across any hostels (subject to availability)
– Reduced room rates for staff as well as friends and family members (we operate in 15 locations across Europe & US so your next holiday is sorted)
– Social events and celebrations calendar
– Various employee recognition schemes
– Online learning tools
Local employee benefits
– 8 holidays
– Two weeks vacations per calendar year
– 5 sick days & 2 personal days
– Medical + Dental + Vision (subsidised contributions)
– Voluntary AD&D/Life
– Commuter Benefits
So you think this might be you?
That’s cool. Send us your application in English, preferably via email. If you’ve got questions call us, or check www.jobs.staygenerator.com where you may well find the answers to life, the universe and everything, including why there are no penguins at the North Pole. We look forward to hearing from you.
Employees must be able to furnish necessary identification providing eligibility to work in the United States as defined in the immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA). If hired, the employee must complete and submit an Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9) at the start of employment. This position does not offer sponsorship of Work Visas.
Generator x Freehand is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Work Place.
Please send resume to :firstname.lastname@example.org