About the job
CLUSTER REVENUE MANAGER, USA – HEAD OFFICE
A unique opportunity has become available for a knowledgeable, experienced and commercially astute Cluster Revenue Manager to manage our USA Division, joining our Revenue Management team based in the Generator Head Office in London, UK. If you are an inspiring leader and communicator, a people person through and through and have a genuine desire to be part of something big then your journey should start here. As the Cluster Revenue Manager USA, you will be confident in dealing with people, experienced in executing strategies to grow the business and possess a warm and friendly personality.
WHO ARE WE
Generator is on a journey. Appropriate, given that we’re a lifestyle accommodation brand. The journey began in London, swung through a heap of European capitals on its way to dominating the world. No biggie. Fast Company named us one of the top 50 most innovative global companies. We, of course, agree. And now this top 50 most innovative global company (did we mention that?) wants a pretty awesome Cluster Revenue Manager USA.
Our spaces are safe and seriously social, in the proudest part of the beating heart of the cities we love. Cultural action, creative pulse and an outstanding way to waste some of the finite time the universe has given you – that’s what Generator offers. Holds true for staff and visitors equally, and while chic design is always the backdrop, every Generator in every destination reflects the unique beat of that city’s heart.
BEING YOURSELF is the key to bringing the Generator story and brand to life.
NUTS AND BOLTS OF THE JOB
- Reporting to the Head of Revenue Management & Distribution, while working closely with all members of the Commercial, Finance & Operations teams, including General Managers and on property teams.
- The role will be responsible for a number of our Generator and Freehand properties based in the USA with a combined annual turnover of $110M.
- Drive positive RevPAR performance, outperform the competition and grow market share across the division
- Ensure the revenue strategy is executed at individual property level by segment and channel based on key performance metrics across the division.
- Optimise the revenue management levers (price, LOS, overbooking) across segment, channel and hotel within the division
- Ensure the individual components fits the wider strategy
- Produce the annual budget per segment per day; participate in the process of delivering the annual sales & marketing plan
- Analyse reports and data to develop winning revenue management strategies to outperform your competitive set
- Maximise total revenue of each property in your portfolio through business mix optimisation and rate manipulation
- Deliver weekly, monthly and annual reports, or any ad hoc reports, subject to management guidelines
- Forecast daily demand per market segment for your hostels and provide supporting commentary to the management
- Manage the overbooking strategy for the hostels to maximise occupancy levels
- Monitor and control all functions of the revenue management system and the accuracy of the reporting solution
- Liaise with Finance teams to support financial analysis in market segmentation and distribution channel mix trends
- Be commercially savvy in exploring new distribution channels and technology partners for Generator
- Coach and develop the technical skill set of the commercial team
- Take the initiative to proactively adapt strategy and tactics in changing market conditions
Naturally this is not intended as an exhaustive list of duties. Other duties as may be reasonably required will form part of this job description.
WHAT’S IN YOUR DNA
- Analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Highly organised and a creative and forward-thinking problem solver
- Inquisitive, logical and objective in your approach to systems setup
- Knowledgeable of revenue management theory
- A strong and clear communicator to all levels of the business
- Resilient, determined, driven and inspired to achieve challenging targets
- An optimistic, independent self-starter with a knack for identifying business opportunities
- Strong leadership with ability to influence both, horizontally and vertically
- Ability to anticipate demand changes and economic cycles
- Willing and able to travel
- Willing to work hours flexible with the demands of the business, across time zones of GMT -8 to GMT -5.
- You must be eligible to work in the EU or US to be considered for this role (we are unable to provide sponsorship for this role)
YOUR ROCK STAR EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience of working in the US market is highly desirable especially coming from either of the US locations we operate in
- Proven and extensive revenue management experience in growing an equivalent, multi market organisation
- Ideal candidate will come from hospitality industry and a similar environment
- Knowledgeable of the global travel and accommodation market
- Be fluent in English. Other languages will be appreciated
- Have outstanding time management and organisation skills & ability to work under pressure
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Technically proficient with the full range of hospitality systems; e.g. Property Management Systems, Revenue Management Systems, Channel Managers and Microsoft Office products
OUR EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
- Birthday holiday in addition to your yearly holiday allocation of 25 days
- Employee Bounty Program providing opportunities to earn up to £1,000 for new hire referrals with no cap on number of referrals made
- Company contribution towards gym membership fees for all eligible employees
- Ideas Award – Quarterly award to double pay for 1 month to employee with most valuable suggestion/feedback
- Health plan allowing cash back on dental, vision & private GP appointment
- Employer funded life assurance at two times base salary to cover death in service lump sum payments
- Employer funded income protection to cover 50% of base salary to cover prolonged absence from work due to incapacity
- 2 free nights’ accommodation across any hostels (subject to availability)
- Reduced room rates for staff as well as friends and family members (we operate in 19 locations across Europe & US so your next holiday is sorted)
- Social events and celebrations calendar
- Various employee recognition schemes
- Online learning tools
SO YOU THINK THIS MIGHT BE YOU?
That’s cool. Send us your application in English. If you’ve got questions call us, or check www.staygenerator.com or our social media pages.
Here you may well find the answers to life, the universe and everything, including why there are no penguins at the North Pole. We look forward to hearing from you.
Join Us and help us achieve our Vision!