Duties and Responsibilities:
As well as working closely with the local revenue manager, the sales manager will report to the General Manager of the property and to the Director of Sales of JO&JOE. He/She will perform the following tasks:
• Set up the different brand’s systems such as Mews and other in house systems and well as the supplier’s back offices before the opening of the property
• Participate to the creation of the annual budget and produce a monthly mix plan
• Adapt, translate & design sales-related documents useful throughout the sales process (e.g., proposals, contracts, banquet event orders, CVGR Letter).
• Gather materials and assemble information packages (e.g. brochures, promotional materials, sales demo kit, welcome kit, souvenir etc.).
• Liaise with local and inbound youth travel and traditional suppliers.
• Transfer the lead of local outbound supplier to the other brand’s property and or to the local Accor sales bureau
• Liaise with the local Accor team and continuously update them with your property’s activity such as promotion or new services.
• Perform any other task related to the opening of the property’s sales department
Opening & Run
• Serve as the point of contact for B2B clients and communicate with them by phone and email to respond to questions and requests.
• Generating reports, preparing proposals, collections details, coordinating with clients & suppliers.
• Generate group, MICE, FIT and corporate leads through prospecting, networking, and telemarketing.
• Achieve the target or overcome the weekly and monthly budget by contracting groups, FIT, Wholesales, MICE and corporate operators.
• Represent the property and the brand during trade show in your designated area in coordination with the director of sales
• Arrange and co-ordinate meetings, events and any appointments. Perform hotel site tours with potential clients.
• Upload, extract and maintain customer databases.
• Create and manage Company and Travel Agent profiles on the property management system.
• Load and Manage Rate Codes to the Hotel Software, and link the negotiated rates to the correct company profiles.
• Ensures all documents produced by the Sales Department (i.e. BEO’s banquet event order, contracts, rooming lists, proposals) are completed accurately and on time.
• Respond to complaints from customers and give after-sales support when requested.
• Ensure the adequacy of sales-related equipment or material are available at all times.
• Other duties as assigned by Director of sales or the Management including a weekly business call and a monthly business review.
• Fit the JO&JOE brand’s philosophy > Cool, Caring and Blended.
• Working knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures.
• Excellent Customer service skills, independent, and go getter
• Able to effectively communicate in English and Portuguese in, written and oral forms.
• Be friendly, customer centric, smile and able to work in a team environment.
Diploma or degree in business management or hospitality (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, or higher), Good computer skills; proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,Powerpoint,) and knowledge of sales and marketing modules like, Sales force, hotel PMS etc.
Previous experience working in a hostel, hotel, or sales in hospitality or the tourism industry, preferably in leisure sales.
According to the level of study + bonus + Accor local incentives