Sectors Tours, attractions & activities
Reporting to the President of Contiki Canada, this role will develop and drive plans that achieve business objectives, leading all key marketing functions including digital marketing, performance paid media, brand management, PR, social media, consumer insights, and CRM.
We are looking for an expert in consumer marketing (B2C) and has an extensive knowledge of e-commerce. Brings strong marketing, communication, branding and creative skills, along with a desire to mentor, coach and train. This position facilitates an active relationship with co-op marketing plans, direct partnerships and trade partners throughout Canada. Oversees all marketing in Canada from strategy, planning and implementation including production, creative, local website pages, social, digital, PR, partnerships &special projects. This individual must influence and contribute to the global marketing plan.
KEY RESULT AREAS & ACTIVITIES PERFORMED
- Support the overarching marketing strategy (heavily focused in digital marketing) reaching and influencing millennials and Gen Z in Canada
- Directly supervise the Graphic Designer and Content Marketing Manager. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, coaching and training employees; planning, assigning and delegating work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining staff; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Oversee paid digital media with the support of the performance marketing team to measure and report on digital performance against goals (ROI & KPIs)
- Act as a key contributor for the Contiki editorial, Six-Two, developing Canada specific content and leveraging SEO insights and best practices
- Keen eye for design and experience with writing and ability to tailor tone of voice
- Act as guardian for Contiki’s visual and brand identity in Canada, influence and feedback on brand evolution with our global marketing team
- Work with both global and regional sales teams to ensure integration throughout all marketing activity
- Plan segmented email marketing campaigns in conjunction with email team
- Establish and enforce standards for success metrics, KPIs and reporting that will provide performance analysis, ROI and insights for all channels/tactics
- Partner with global marketing teams to bring new content distribution channels into the marketing mix, including social media, native advertising, video advertising, partnerships, etc.
- Work closely with travel agencies, direct partners, content creators and tourist boards to build brand awareness and co-op marketing opportunities
- In conjunction with the PR team, creating messaging platforms and execute initiatives to meet communications objectives in Canada
- Oversee the creation and distribution of collateral materials
- Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant stakeholders are kept informed of marketing objectives
- Stay current on emerging marketing and consumer purchasing trends as well as digital platforms
- Demonstrate dedication to meeting the expectations of internal and external customers, using the principles of the Consultative Sales Process (CSP)
- Other duties as required and assigned
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a superior command of the English language
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a senior marketing role
- 2+ years’ experience in a supervisory role
- Deep understanding of the digital market and technologies, and how to leverage them in an innovative and engaging way – not your run-of-the-mill digital activity
- Experience in digital marketing platforms such as Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Facebook Business Manager, Snap Ad Manager, Spotify Ad Studio & TikTok Ads Manager
- Strong understanding of customer audience segmentation and how to market to the Gen Z & millennial mindset using trends, channel and tone of voice across the conversion funnel
- Understanding of GDPR, Canadian Anti-Spam Law (CASL), Canadian advertising standards and TICO
- Experience with content management systems such as WordPress, Sitecore & Umbraco
- Previous experience marketing to the youth market preferred
- Strong PC skills to include proficiency in Microsoft O365, Internet and webinar applications.
- A previous Contiki traveler preferred