Sectors Language programmes
We are a leading Swiss language education group based in Montreux, Switzerland. Alpadia Language Schools from Kaplan International Languages, offers all-year round schools in Montreux, Berlin, Freiburg and Lyon, teaching French and German.
Alpadia also provides English, French and German summer courses for juniors and teens in Europe and North America.
Alpadia Zurich is our most recent addition to our German schools portfolio. We are looking for a Center Manager who will be leading our next steps in Switzerland. As a certified German teacher, our ideal candidate is also an inspiring business leader passionated about education.
Inspire your future, become an Alpadian.
Reporting into the Global Operations Manager, the successful candidate will have the full responsibility of opening a new language school and the success of the students’ stay. Among the overall responsibilities there will be four main missions:
- Teaching German in class;
- Ensuring the academic quality of the German and Swiss German teaching;
- Managing the relationship and interactions with the accommodation and classrooms suppliers;
- Creating the conditions for a stimulating immersion of our students in the local community.
- Teaching 25 lessons per week – except in peak attendance periods where a focus on class observation and planification is required,
- Supervision of students stay – including smooth running of accommodation services and academic experience,
- Provide students with guidance and advice on their language learning experience, answer questions and resolve issues when necessary,
- Planification and organization of teachers per levels and classrooms, with respect of company’s policies (KPI’s),
- Monitoring of class books, cyclical observations, communication of the observations results, creation of educational solutions and procedures,
- Design and maintain the course guide for teachers and the necessary documents for the proper functioning of the courses,
- Define the objectives and course contents according to the levels, define the various directives and procedures necessary to achieve the objectives and ensure that the quality of the courses makes it possible to achieve the objectives,
- Recruit new teachers when necessary (with HR’s assistance),
- Organize and communicate teachers work schedules,
- Manage student’s satisfaction by collecting feedback, analyzing and defining appropriate corrective measures when necessary,
- Coordination of group and organization of activities (in cooperation with accommodation supplier)
Vocational Or Academic Training
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and Certified German Teacher
Professional experience in teaching of at least 5 years or training deemed equivalent accompanied by substantial experience in business environment.
- German and Swiss German: mother tongue
- French is a must
- Any other language practiced is an advantage.
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PPT..)
- Multimedia systems related to education (TBI)
- CLASS (training provided within ALPADIA)
Driver’s license: Desired Car License
- Passionate about education
- Cartesian spirit, entrepreneurial sense and business oriented
- Positive attitude and Excellent communication, organization and negotiation skills
- Result oriented thinking and Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Autonomy and flexibility
Place of Work: Zurich
Type of contract: full-time, permanent position
Starting date: December 2020 – January 2021 at the latest
Do not apply if you don’t meet our languages and academic requirements.
If you recognise yourself as fitting this profile and are ready to get involved, then send us your application (CV) accompanied by a cover letter directly via Smartrecruiters.
Only applications accepted for an interview will receive a reply.
- Non-profit Organization Management
- Education Management
- Individual & Family Services