Sectors Language programmes
Alpadia Language Schools from Kaplan International Languages, offers all-year round schools in Montreux, Berlin, Freiburg and Lyon, teaching French and German. Alpadia also provides English, French and German summer courses for juniors and teens in Europe and North America. Initially established in 1996, and now larger than ever, our mission is to encourage language development through immersion and to expand the horizons of our students, to inspire their future.
Join ALPADIA’s teams to make the 2021 summer an unbelievable experience! We are looking for highly motivated people, who have the ability to engage and inspire young students, and who are looking for an enriching and educational experience.
ALPADIA committed to safeguarding and promoting our students’ wellbeing. All staff are expected to contribute to a positive camp culture that supports this ethos.
For the 2021 season, we are currently recruiting an Academic Manager to our course centre in London.
The role will involve taking overall control of the English language teaching in the camp, ensuring it is of a high standard and EFL teachers are supported to deliver high quality lessons.
- Ensuring all EFL tuition is appropriate to a summer school environment
- Leading the placement testing process.
- Ensuring weekly paperwork is completed accurately (lesson plans, registers, records of classes) across the department
- Leading daily staff meetings
- Maintaining proper levels of student discipline, safety and welfare
- Observations of other teachers.
- Ensuring all academic provision at the camp meets or exceeds British Council requirements
- If necessary, being prepared to teach own classes (although this is not expected to be a teaching role in itself).
- Experience in summer schools or similar structures preferred
- First Degree or equivalent (Level 6 Qualifications and Credit Framework)
- DELTA/ TEFLQ or equivilant
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to be flexible and adapt where required
We Offer You
- An unforgettable experience in a young and dynamic atmosphere
- An international working environment
- A first experience with ALPADIA, present in 6 countries in Europe and North America, with 17 summer camps for teenagers
- Free entrance for all activities and excursions
- Attractive bonus options for returners and the possibility of career progression
Location of our course centre and dates of commitment:
- UK: 03.07.21 – 13.08.21 (shorter contracts are available)
- Training dates TBC
- Accommodation can be provided if required
- All staff employed will be required to provide / undergo an Enhanced DBS check (and provide overseas conduct certificates where applicable)
Do you enjoy teamwork and working with children? Are you ready to get involved and have a new, enriching experience? Send us your application (CV and cover letter).
Only applications accepted for an interview will receive a reply.