Who we are
Abraham Hostels & Tours are opening their first ever hostel in Eilat! we are a group of fun and friendly hostels that cater to independent travelers looking to explore Israel and experience our beautiful country, and the Middle East to the fullest. Our other three hostels hostels are located in Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, and Nazareth and we operate tours all around Israel, the West Bank, Egypt and Jordan! To us, a hostel is more than just a place, it’s all about the people. Our staff and volunteers work hard to make our hostels a warm and welcoming place for our guests and provide them with the best experience possible.
What the role is
We’re on a mission to find the perfect person to manage the hostel’s bar & kitchen. they will be responsible for creating an exciting (and delicious) culinary experience for our guests, A cool & fun bar and an AMAZING service to the hostel’s guests. The kitchen entails responsibilities over the daily guest breakfast (7 days a week), staff lunch, bar menu, snack bar and events. The bar is responsible for good vibes and the hostel’s atmosphere, including fun activities and workshops, which have to be diverse and interesting! The role is a part of the hostel’s management and will report directly to the hostel manager.
What you will be doing
- Planning of the food menu, recipes, preparation and presentation
- Creating activities and initiating new ideas for the bar
- Working with suppliers, managing supply reservations & inventory
- Building protocols and control procedures
- Recruiting, training and managing the bar & kitchen team
- Achieving and maintaining the budget goals
- Keeping and upholding government health regulations
What you should have
- Management experience in the bars and catering field – A must!
- Experience with constructing menus and understanding of food cost
- Experience in running budgets and working with Gmail, Excel etc.
- Fluent in Hebrew and English, Other languages – advantage
- Hard working, dynamic, flexible, motivated
- High level of service
- Team player who work well together with others
- Availability during weekends – a must!
- An Israeli citizenship or work visa in Israel – A MUST!